Callum Wilson signs new contract with Newcastle United

MANCHESTER, ENGLAND - AUGUST 19: during the Premier League match between Manchester City and Newcastle United at Etihad Stadium on August 19, 2023 in Manchester, England. (Photo by Serena Taylor/Newcastle United via Getty Images)

Callum wilson has extended his contract by ONE Year early this morning after considering various factors.

Newcastle United wants to extend the contract of Callum Wilson. The striker’s contract will expire next summer. The talks for an extension have started.


Newcastle United wants to extend the contract of their prolific goal scorer Callum Wilson. His contract will expire next year. The English international scored 18 goals in 31 games for the Magpies in the Premier League last season. Although Newcastle are linked to signing Ivan Toney of Brentford, reports have emerged from various sources that the Tyneside also want to extend the contract of their current number 9.

However, the priority for Newcastle is to extend the contract of Bruno Guimaraes. Many top clubs from all across Europe are looking to sign the Brazilian midfielder and Newcastle have rejected bids of over £100 million for the player. His contract will expire in 2026. But, the Magpies see Bruno as a key figure and want to extend his contract longer.

Should Newcastle United extend the contract of Callum Wilson?
Callum Wilson will be 32 next season. Therefore, Newcastle United shouldn’t be looking to give the ageing striker a long-term contract. They already have a younger striker in Alexander Isak who is 23 years old. So, the contract should be a short-term solution for Newcastle as they would look to make Callum Wilson a backup. However, according to TEAMTALK;

“Newcastle do not want to lose Wilson to free agency next summer and hope to iron out a new, long-term deal as soon as possible.”
The article further went on to say;

“The Newcastle boss is a huge admirer of Wilson having worked with the frontman at Bournemouth and Newcastle and we understand he wants to secure the striker’s future on a long-term basis.”
Do you think Newcastle United will do the right thing if they offer Callum Wilson a new long-term deal? Tell us your thoughts in the comments!

READ MORE:

Newcastle looking to spoil Man Utd chase for £43m LaLiga winger Ten Hag wants to replace Sancho

Nico Williams is wanted by a number of Premier League clubs

Newcastle United are reportedly keeping a close watch on Manchester United and Barcelona target Nico Williams ahead of a potential move in the January transfer window.

The 21-year-old attacker is regarded as one of the best wide young wide players in LaLiga and has also been on the radar of the likes of Liverpool and Aston Villa.

However, Toon boss Eddie Howe is also a fan and is ready to join the race for Williams in the new year.

The Spain international broke onto the scene in 2020 and has since gone on to become one of Bilbao’s key performers.

Williams scored nine goals and added six assists in 43 appearances in all competitions last season, helping Bilbao reach the Copa del Rey semi-finals.

The forward has also carried on his fine form from last term into the current campaign, laying on four assists so far in Spain.

Manchester United are reportedly considering making a move for Williams in January as they eye a replacement for Jadon Sancho, who has been completely frozen out of Erik ten Hag’s first-team squad.

Liverpool have also been keeping one eye on the Bilbao man after all the Saudi Pro League attention Mo Salah has been getting.

Howe keen on exciting Bilbao winger

However, Spanish publication Sport claims that Newcastle have joined Barca in the hunt for the player, with the Catalan side said to be ‘wary’ of interest from big clubs in England.

The Magpies are said to be ‘following Williams situation closely’, along with the trio of other Premier League sides already mentioned.

The Spaniard’s current contract with Bilbao expires at the end of the season and includes a €50m (£42.9m) release clause. However, Bilbao are working hard to tie him down to a new deal, although those efforts have fallen on deaf ears so far.

The quartet of Premier League clubs also have an advantage over Barcelona, given the Nou Camp outfit’s preference is to sign the player on a free next summer due to their financial constraints.

Bids are expected to be made in January for the player, it just remains to be seen whether any match the winger’s release clause.

Newcastle are back in action on Saturday evening when they host Brentford in the Premier League.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*